Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Ravelry Worldwide Shawl Exchange Part 1

I participate in a group on Ravelry called Ravelry Worldwide Shawl Exchange . You receive 2 partner assignments. You knit a shawl for one partner, and receive a shawl from another. This week, I received the most lovely shawl from Finland. The pattern is the Aeolian Shawl, and it's in the softest Malabrigos. It even has beads. My partner, Anu, who knitted it, is a true knitting master in my book. She knits nupps, and beads.


Not only was the shawl beautiful, but she included a lot of fantastic goodies from Finland. A book on her town, a pattern for another gorgeous shawl, a shawl pin, some sweets (one package didn't make it to the photo shoot because it was eaten), a cute keychain with a lamb on it, some postcards, and some napkins.

I was so thrilled with everything in the package! I'm knitting my (secret) shawl for my partner in Germany, and I'm looking forward to putting together a wonderful package that will be filled with great local goodies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment