Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Women in the Outdoors, 2012

Yesterday I went to my first Women in the Outdoors event with Christina. I was really excited to try some new things. My first class was Dutch Oven Cooking, which I thought would come in handy with camping someday. The basic principals of Dutch Oven Cooking are simple enough. You get an oven with legs, put coals underneath it, which allows the air to circulate, and also heats the bottom. You put twice as many coals on the lid, and it allows things to cook from both sides. Our instructor was really nice. We made Caldillo, which, for those of you not from the Southwest, is a stew made with green chile, potato, beef, and anything else you feel like adding. We also made Cheeseburger Pie, and a chocolate cherry cake.





The next class I took was Archery. I would really love to get involved with this eventually, if I ever have extra time. I had a lot of fun, even though I bruised up my arm pretty badly when I hit it with the bowstring.

Christina and I took Lotions and Potions together. The instructor wasn't extremely organized, but we were able to make some lip gloss and sugar scrub. I went home and used the handouts she gave us to make some lotion, more body scrub, and some hair oil.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I need to see if I can find anything like this in my area. The benefits of being able to make your own lotions, instead of buying lotions with way too many ingredients... Ahhhh... I have a new mission!

    ReplyDelete